Health-oriented food and informational resources in New York City:
- NYC Greenmarkets (www.grownyc.org) for local foods direct from farmers.
- Just Food (www.justfood.org) to become involved in Community Supported Agriculture (CSA’s).
- The Natural Gourmet Institute (www.naturalgourmetinstitute.com) offers classes on nutrition and health-supportive cooking.
- The Weston A. Price Foundation, NYC chapter (www.westonaprice.org) is a nutrition education foundation based on the work of Weston A. Price.
- Fairway on Broadway & 74th St., Second Floor (www.fairwaymarket.com) has a broad range of reasonably priced health-supportive and organic foods.
- Dr. Joe Mercola’s website (www.mercola.com) is filled with the latest discoveries in health and nutrition.
- www.whfoods.com is a reference website for comprehensive facts on every food and nutrient.
- New Optimum Nutrition for the Mind by Patrick Holford
- Brain-Building Nutrition by Michael A. Schmidt, PhD
- Food and Healing by Annemarie Colbin, PhD
- Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
- Healing with Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford, a virtual encyclopedia on nutrition from the perspectives of modern science and Asian traditions.
- Live in the Balance: The Ground-Breaking East-West Nutrition Program by Linda Prout
- Helping Ourselves by Daverick Leggett, an easy to follow introduction to nutrition according to Chinese medicine.
- The Brain That Changes Itself by Norman Doidge, MD, an exploration in neuroplasticity.
- Mindsight by Daniel J. Siegel, MD, understanding the function of the brain in order to achieve personal transformation.