Happy New Year’s Eve, everyone! What are you doing this coming year to make a stronger commitment to your mental and physical health? Here are some ideas. Choose a couple to start.
- Pay attention when you eat. Slow down, CHEW and don’t eat while you work.
- Swear off sugar and artificial sweeteners completely. Switch to natural sweeteners like raw honey, grade B organic maple syrup, palm sugar and fruit.
- Swear off trans fats and refined oils especially from soy, canola and corn. Choose natural fats like butter, ghee, extra virgin olive oil, nut oils and avocados.
- Make your own dinner 4-5 times per week.
- Pack your lunch for work, such as a soup or stew in a thermos.
- Drink less coffee and more green tea (high-quality loose leaf preferably).
- Buy local and seasonal! Get your produce from the greenmarket or a CSA, not the grocery store.
- Eat animal products only from organic, 100% grass-fed, pasture-raised animals.
- Read one of the following books: Gut and Psychology Syndrome, The UltraMind Solution, Nourishing Traditions, Food and Healing.