Mercury is the most poisonous substance to human beings on this earth, second only to plutonium. And the organ it threatens the most is the brain. If we do not detoxify it – which most of us cannot as a result of genetic, dietary and other lifestyle deficits – it accumulates in the brain resulting in major and mysterious neurological injury.
No need for panic, but exercise caution. Avoid mercury-containing substances and emphasize mercury-eliminating foods. Continue reading to understand the why’s and how’s:
Here’s how mercury threatens us…
- Attacks nerve (brain) cells.
- Promotes free radical production and inflammation that accelerates brain degeneration. It makes you older faster.
- Inactivates digestive enzymes and damages normal gut function, which in turn damages normal brain function since the gut and brain constantly exchange information on how to function optimally.
- Overexcites our NMDA receptor, which leads to hyperactivity, an inability to retain information and cell death.
Studies on the autopsies of mercury-exposed people showed damage to the adult brain in the regions responsible for dementia and depression. But exposure in the womb or early in life showed mercury deposits in the entire brain, thoroughly disrupting normal brain development.
Mercury toxicity produces a host of vague abnormalities surrounding mood, attention and memory. Symptoms commonly occurring with mercury poisoning include:
- Poor concentration and ADHD
- Autism (genetically unable to excrete mercury)
- Depression and anxiety
- Brain fog and confusion
- Slow thinking and lower IQ
- Decreased memory and dementia
- Fatigue and headache
- Poor circulation and muscle disorders
The main sources of mercury are large predatory fish, vaccines, pollution (especially from coal) and dental fillings.
The mercury in fish becomes highly bioavailable after human consumption as the gastrointestinal tract absorbs close to 100%. Small fish are a safer source of omega 3’s and other greatly beneficial nutrients. Fish with the highest concentration of mercury, and thus should be eliminated or enjoyed no more than once per month, include:
- King mackerel
- Farmed salmon
- Sea trout
Vaccines are an injection of mercury (and aluminum) straight into the bloodstream, where it can gain easy access to the brain. Vaccines, especially the flu vaccine, contain a disinfectant called thimerosal – even if doctors claim it was removed in 2001 (check for yourself the ingredients in the package insert).
This is why I’m fervently against superfluous vaccines, like for the flu and HPV (Gardasil), in addition to the rigorous vaccine schedule that overload children’s ability to fully detoxify from the heavy metal and pathogen-carrying injections. Watch The Greater Good.
Moreover, half of the population is missing the GSTM1 gene, which is responsible for detoxifying mercury and many other modern day poisons. On top of that, we ignore foods and activities that help our body’s natural detoxification capacities, such as vegetables and physical activity.
NATURAL CURES (chelation therapy)
Emphasize foods that naturally chelate (bind) with heavy toxic metals so they can be removed from the body and brain:
- Brown sea vegetables (e.g. kelp, kombu, wakame, arame, hiziki)
- Cruciferous vegetables (e.g. kale, watercress, broccoli sprouts)
- Milk thistle
- Selenium and zinc rich foods (e.g. brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, oysters, wheat germ)